About Our Parish
Our Panagia was constructed in the year nineteen hundred as the Pope Memorial Church. Like several beautiful Churces in New England. the exterior of the Church was built in Richardson Architecture. Upon procurement of the Church by our Parish, the interior areas were laid out to conform with the Greek Orthodox Church services. Many religious groups have occupied the Church over the years, each overcoming many challenges to their faiths with great determination and love for God.
A Church built on the love for God and fellow man has brought all of us together. It’s this love which has created this very special Christian family. In memory of his son - Charles Linden Pope, a father’s great love was instrumental in building this beautiful Pope Memorial Church in the year 1900.
Eighty (80) years later , a very small group of dedicated Christian people arranged for the purchase of the Pope Memorial and converted the facility into a Greek Orthodox Church to serve a growing community of Orthodox faithful. The Church was named Panagia Church and was subsequently consecrated by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of New York and became a part of the Metropolis of Boston with the name Nativity-Assumption of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church in Cohasset, Massachusetts.
Not only is the congregation made up of families from all the surrounding communities, but the many visitors that have come to worship in our Orthodox Religion have represented many countries from around the world. Coincidental or meant to be, this Greek Orthodox Church is located on Jerusalem Road in the town and state of Cohasset, Massachusetts, a beautiful, South of Boston seaside community.