We are currently working on renovating our historic church which was built in 1900. As we restore and update the main building we are raising fund to add a community center. If you would like more information about our plans or you would like to make a donation please contact us today!
Building and Grounds Report to the General Assembly 11-15-2020
- Extensive repair of our bell tower, especially the internal support structure.
- Some roof repair around the bell tower.
- New gutters & drain pipes.
- Mortar work- better than 70% complete, including all of the real bad areas on north & east faces and the entire bell tower structure.
- Erosion of foundation - drainage work on the east side of the church including stone fill and a
- cement barrier at the base of the building to prevent erosion from occurring.
- Church window project. Extensive repair of our stained glass as well as our regular windows.
- Upgraded our grounds. Shrubbery work.
- Altars repairs - Plaster and icon restoration work.
- Narthex repairs & painting.
- Sanctuary ceiling repair - Eliminate " calcimine bleeds".
- Gazebo - Replaced the rotted roof.
- Remedial work in the cellar of the church - thoroughly cleaned the walls & floor. Removed some mold & asbestos. Shored up the main electrical panel. Applied a microbial spray to walls & floor.
- Connected the church to town sewer line as requested by the town.
- Additional mortar work on east and north sides of the church.
- Future Agenda:
- Carpet/flooring in the sanctuary, solea, alter.
- Gazebo - pressure wash (carefully) & re-stain. (we have a volunteer).
- Gauge in Narthex entrance --- A "stat" for temperature & humidity inside the tower so we can judge what might be going on up there & whether our new system for "control" is working.
- Roof repair - Some shingles blown off the bell tower (not easy - up high/staging necessary.)
Ways to Donate